We have opened registration for UKNOF49, which will take place at Manchester Central Convention Centre on Tuesday, 12 April 2022. As with UKNOF48, in November last year, this will be a hybrid meeting.
Registration is required for people attending over the Internet and those attending in person. A limited number of free tickets are available to people who could not otherwise afford to attend. We won’t apply a means test – we’re relying on an honour system.
- 10 free tickets for remote attendance
- 20 free tickets for in-person attendance in Manchester
- £20 (+VAT) for remote attendance
- £50 (+VAT) to attend in Manchester, rising to £100 (+VAT) on 6 April
- £16.46 (+VAT) for an optional boxed lunch
If you want to further support UKNOF49 financially as an individual, you will also be able to contribute via sponsorship as an individual. Your contribution will go toward the running costs of UKNOF49. As a thank you from us, you have the option to have your name included on the UKNOF49 website.
- £25 (+VAT)
- £50 (+VAT)
- £100 (+VAT)
We already have an exciting range of talks confirmed and the Programme Committee is reviewing others. There is still time to submit an idea if you have an exciting story to share with the UKNOF community.
- Mariano Julio from LINX will speak about The Road to 400G
- David Huberman from ICANN will present a Survey of Reverse DNS in the UK
- Gavin Henry of SureVoIP will present SentryPeer – A distributed peer to peer list of bad IP addresses and phone numbers collected via a SIP Honeypot
- Andrew Campling will talk about Developments in DNS Privacy
- Christian Giese of RtBrick will talk about BNG Blaster – Open Source Network Tester
Finally, we’ll also be publicly recognising some of the volunteers who have made UKNOF successful over the last 15 years.
We will update the agenda on the event page as new talks are accepted and scheduled.
Breaks and Catering
As people are still reconnecting after two years away from physical events, we are programming in plenty of breaks for social interaction.
The boxed lunches must be ordered ahead of time and are charged as an added extra. There is no charge for hot drinks and biscuits. These will be provided throughout the day.
You’ll need to show proof of vaccination via the NHS app or an international equivalent. People who cannot demonstrate proof of vaccination will be turned away.
The venue is well ventilated with air drawn from outdoors and has demonstrated that it meets both CIBSE and HSE requirements.
We strongly encourage everyone attending to take a Lateral Flow Test before they arrive, and stay away if they test positive for COVID-19. We encourage people to wear a mask during formal meeting sessions, and to comply with any other venue safety measures.
We will share plans for UKNOF50 and open the Call for Presentations at UKNOF49.